Property Takeover

Booking Tops'l Farm for a wedding, corporate retreat, or other special event? Here are some answers to some frequently asked questions.

When can I book my date?

We open for our regular camp guests on March 15th each year. Therefore, prior to March 15th is the best time to ensure availability of the entire property. 

What is the venue’s capacity?

The event barn can seat 130 inside, and 175 with a patio extension tent cover. In addition, we have electrical hookups in the meadow adjacent to the event barn for a 200 person wedding tent. 

How many hours are included in the rental space?

For the property takeover at Tops’l, the space is yours to use for the entire duration of your stay. We do not restrict the usage of the event barn, riverside yurt or other areas during this time. 

How many weddings will you host per season?

Very few. We will host at most 4-5 total weddings each year, to ensure our mission of allowing families and individuals the opportunity to come and enjoy the space as a wilderness getaway. 

Do you have an approved list of vendors we can use?

We do not require the use of our approved vendors, however we have worked with several that we can suggest for you, who know our property and can deliver a perfect experience for your wedding day. 

Is the space handicap accessible?

The event barn is handicap accessible. However the lodging areas on property are not. 

Are there on site bathrooms?

Yes – there are two bathrooms in the vent barn and can support 100 person event. If additional guests are planned, more bathroom facilities would need to be brought in. 

Is parking available on site?

Yes, parking is available on site. It is highly recommended to encourage carpooling as well as utilize a shuttle service for guests staying off property and we can recommend options here. 

Are there noise restrictions?

Yes. All music must be done by 10 pm per the Town of Waldoboro. 

Do you have an in-house caterer?

We have an in-house chef who can be used for all non-wedding reception food needs for those staying on the property. We do not cater for the wedding event itself.

Do we have to purchase liquor through you?

We do sell beer/wine on site and will require use of this service for your wedding and can work with you to make selections from our large list of options. Outside liquor may be brought in to supplement our beer/wine service. A fully licensed and insured bartending service must be utilized for the wedding events on property. 

Who will be our point person as we plan our wedding? 

Sarah Pike, owner and event manager will be available throughout the planning process to ensure a beautiful event at Tops’l Farm.